G.Shruthi Lekha, passionate and highly talented Bharatanatyam dancer has been trained under the eminent Guru Kalaimamani Smt Urmila Sathyanarayanan for the past thirteen years.
Her innate abilities coupled with hard work has made her a very promising dancer. Her clean lines, agile body and mobile face add lustre to her nritta and abinaya. She performed her Arangetram at the age of 12 in Narada Gana Sabha in the presence of two great legends Padmashree Dr.A.K.Palanivel and Padmashree Dr.Kadri Gopalnath. She is a 1st year B.Com student of M.O.P Vaishnav College for Women.
Awards and Prestigious Performances
- She received the Best Performer Award for her Bharatanatyam solo performance in the 114th year Dance Festival 2014 of Parthasarathy Swami Sabha from Padmashree Dr.Nalli Kuppuswamy Chetti.
- She performed solo Bharatanatyam recital in mega carnatic music festival Chennayil Thiruvaiyaru organized by Lakshman Shruthi on 21st December 2015 in Kamarajar Arangam.
- She has performed solo Bharatanatyam recital in Prayarthanam festival of Kalakshetra in under 14 category on 24th September 2015.
- She has been awarded with the title, “Miss Abhilasha” for the culturals in M.O.P Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai on 27th July 2019.
- She has also performed in the bharatanatyam competition conducted by
Association of Bharatanatyam Artistes of India (ABHAI) ,“Kalapraveena Pratiyogita
season 2- 2019” and won cash prize.
Solo Performances in Sabhas
- Performed in the Thejas Bala Natyotsav organized by Srekala Bharath on 2nd October 2013.
- She has performed in the International Women Association conducted in Brahma Gana Sabha on 12thDecember 2013.
- Performed in Aadi Natya vizha organized by Brahma Gana Sabha in Sivagami Petatchi Auditorium on 27th July 2014.
- She has also performed in Natarajar Temple and Krishna temple at Chidambaram on 16.08.2014.
- Performed in Marghazhi season organized by Brahma Gana Sabha on 13th January 2015.
- Performed Margam in the dance festival of Mylapore Fine Arts on 16th January 2017.
- Performed Margam in the margazhi festival under the auspices of Karthik Fine Arts on 15th January 2018.
- She has been part of various productions of her dance school, Natyasankalpaa, like that of the Narada Niranjan at Tirupati, International Chess tournament, Mamallapuram dance festival, Narada Natya Vizha, Ponniamman Navaratri Festival, Thiruvottiyur Natyanjali Festival, Government Music college dance festival, Meenakshi College dance festival, Margazhi season dance festival at Tag Auditorium in 2010-2013.
- Performed in the 26th Annual Day Celebrations of Association of Bharatanatyam Artistes of India (ABHAI) on 20th October 2013.
- Performed in group in Tamilnadu Global Investors Meet 2015 in the presence of Honourable chief minister J.Jayalalitha on 9th September 2015.
- Performed in many group presentations of the dance school, Natyasankalpa in Chennayil Thiruvaiyaru, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Krishna Gana Sabha, Narada Gana Sabha, Bharat Kalachar, Vani Mahal, Vadapazhani temple, Kapaleeshwarar temple and Tirupathi in 2014-2017.
- She also performed in Sri Ramunujar temple in Sriperumbudur on 1.05.2017 on account of his 1000th birth anniversary.
She performed as Bala Meera in the Thematic presentation, “Lotus of Prem” along with her guru Kalaimamani Smt Urmila Sathyanarayanan and students of her dance school Natyasankalpaa in the year 2016 and 2017 in various stages such as Narada Gana Sabha, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mylapore, Krishna Gana Sabha, Vani Mahal and Bharat Kalachar.
- She has attended “Abhivriddhishaala” training conducted by Association of Bharatanatyam Artistes of India (ABHAI) in 2014, 2015 and 2019.